In one of the worst years on record for a traditional portfolio, private market performance and demand remain strong as we break several key records in 2022.
We are pleased to announce our members have now made $1B in investments on platform in 2022 1 — the most ever invested in a single year. Since our inception in 2015, more than $3B has been invested in total 2.
“Thank you to our investors for trusting us and to the incredible global team who made this happen,” Yieldstreet Founder and CEO Milind Mehere said.
2022 also marked our highest year of investor distributions since inception. In total, we have paid out more than $600M in returns and principal to investors this year 3.
In August, our investors realized their greatest return to date with Williamsburg Multi-Family Restructuring Equity. The opportunity delivered a 41% net annualized return, surpassing initial targets of a 15-17% net annualized return 4.
We believe private market alternatives provide a key level of diversification to help grow and protect your wealth. In periods of public market volatility, their impact is often amplified; during the Global Financial Crisis and the five most significant stock downturns since, private markets have delivered an average of 16% greater returns than the S&P 500 5.
Help prepare for an uncertain future by getting started or increasing your allocation today.
1. Source: Yieldstreet. As of 12/15/2022. Figure inclusive of leverage and Short Term Notes.
2. Source: Yieldstreet. As of 12/01/2022. Figure inclusive of leverage and Short Term Notes.
3. Source: Yieldstreet. As of 12/01/2022. Cumulative historical interest and principal returns year-to-date are based on unaudited internal calculations, are subject to change, and may differ from fund returns and payments that an investor will actually receive.
4. Performance is calculated on a Net Asset Value (NAV) to NAV basis at time of settlement, and reflects the deduction of management fees and all other expenses charged to investments. Performance is based on unaudited internal calculations and subject to change. Past performance does not guarantee future results. It should not be assumed that other current offerings from Yieldstreet or its offerings in the future will be profitable or will equal the performance of this past offering. The historical average net realized return, using an internal rate of return (IRR) methodology, with respect to all matured investments, except our Short Term Notes program, weighted by the investment size of each individual investment, made by private investment vehicles managed by YieldStreet Management, LLC from 7/1/15 through and including 12/1/22, is 9.7%.
5. As of 10/15/2022. The analysis represents the largest quarterly drawdowns in the S&P 500 since 1/1/2008. “Private markets” represents an equally weighted (33.3%) blended index across Private Real Estate, Private Equity and Private Credit. Private Real Estate consists of the NCREIF Property Index (33.3%), Private Equity consists of the Preqin Private Equity index (33.3%), and Private Credit consists of the Preqin Private Debt Index (16.65%) and Cliffwater Direct Lending Index (16.65%). Past performance is not indicative of future results. It is not possible to invest directly in an index of private market assets. Unless otherwise noted, financial indices assume reinvestment of dividends. All indices are unmanaged.
All securities involve risk and may result in significant losses. Alternative investments involve specific risks that may be greater than those associated with traditional investments; are not suitable for all clients; and intended for experienced and sophisticated investors who meet specific suitability requirements and are willing to bear the high economic risks of the investment. Investments of this type may engage in speculative investment practices; carry additional risk of loss, including possibility of partial or total loss of invested capital, due to the nature and volatility of the underlying investments; and are generally considered to be illiquid due to restrictive repurchase procedures. These investments may also involve different regulatory and reporting requirements, complex tax structures, and delays in distributing important tax information.
Yieldstreet provides access to alternative investments previously reserved only for institutions and the ultra-wealthy. Our mission is to help millions of people generate $3 billion of income outside the traditional public markets by 2025. We are committed to making financial products more inclusive by creating a modern investment portfolio.